12.05.2014 - 16.05.2014
Third International Climate Change Adaptation Conference (Fortaleza Ceará - Brazil)
This conference will focus on climate impacts and adaptation options. It will bring together scientists and decision makers, and practitioners from developed and developing countries to share research approaches, methods and results. It will explore the way forward in a world where impacts are increasingly observable and adaptation actions are increasingly required.
The Adaptation Futures 2014 Conference will :
- showcase leading impacts and adaptation research from around the world.
- explore the contribution of adaptation science to planning and policy making,
- investigate how robust adaptation decision making can proceed in the face of uncertainty about climate change and its impacts.
- showcase cutting-edge research focusing on themes of equity and risk, learning, capacity building, methodology, adaptation finance and investment, and ecosystem based adaptation approaches.
- explore practical adaptation policies and approaches, and share strategies for decision making from the international to the local scale.
- introduce and examine new tools and methodolgies for adaptation finance tracking monitoring and evaluation.
For more information visit official web page: http://adaptationfutures2014.ccst.inpe.br/
Dr. Jose A. Marengo